I know it doesn't look like much, but here is a driveby of our lot a few days ago, so I could by "Builder's Risk Insurance". All the costs are about to give me a heart attack..... Anyways, I am sure the heart failure issue will be a daily mention on the blog. Once all those trees are cleared, we'll have a great view to the south of the Alaska Range. Well, hopefully we won't have to clear all the trees.... but they are aspen, which are known as weeds around here. Kind of a bummer we don't have any beautiful birch on the lot, but the few birch and spruce I did find, I put flagging on them for the dirtwork guys to try and save. The rest will be hydroaxed and chopped into sawdust and buried into the pad. I am sure you are wondering why we want to chop down all these trees. Besides the view, our house is designed to be a passive solar house, where some of its heat source is from the sun.
So we picked up all our appliances and delivered to our builder, who will be known as T. Energy star appliances were on sale at Sears, so we picked up a 16 cubic foot frigidaire, which everyone thinks is too tiny. But we have a 14 cu. ft one now, and it only half full! Finally we are getting a propane range so we can properly cook with a wok. I can't wait! It also has a middle 5th burner so we can put a comal on it for tortilla heating! Our biggest splurge in the appliance department is for our Bosch dishwasher. Since we are obsessed with low water use appliances, I found this one that only uses 2.2 gallons per load! Amazing! Speaking of low water use, Luke needs to get going on building our rainwater treatment system. We plan on drinking the rainwater and it will be treated by many leaf diverters and filters, and then UV, and finally a small dose of chlorine so it retains a residual in the 2500 gallon tank where it will be stored during the year.
Our house is officially www.forsalebyowner.com now! It is also posted on craigslist. Please pass on to anyone you might know that is interested.
Well, I plan on stopping by the new lot tomorrow to check things out. I'll post more photos as things progress, but it might be awhile, I head up north on Saturday for 3 weeks or so for spring runoff on the slope.

No comments:
Post a Comment