Last night we went over to some friends for a fish dinner (dorado, yum) and got to watch humpback whales playing and jumping out of the water from their rooftop through the binoculars. It was quite spectacular to see them leaping out of the water and crashing back down, creating a tremendous splash. They should be heading north now, like us, back to Alaska!
Last Thursday we hit the tianguis (not selling things - buying things) and I picked up some kitchen essentials and bootleg DVDs to bring back to the states. I decided we needed a good lime squeezer and a frijoles masher for making our own homemade refried beans. I am still considering getting a tortilla press, because it doesn't seem right to eat scrambled eggs without corn tortillas!
I did make it to the dentist Friday to get my cavities filled and was pretty impressed with the Mexican dentist. He didn't have to use novacaine and there was no pain at all, and it was very fast, less than 30 minutes in and out! I think you can't beat the prices down here either.
Well, this will be my last week here, I take off on Friday April 6 to visit friends and family in the lower 48 for a few weeks. Hopefully I'll have some more exciting things to post this week as Semana Santa progresses.

No comments:
Post a Comment