
Emily headed down to Mexico to visit her parents before heading to Boulder, CO for a wilderness survival training for work.

I arrived just in time to celebrate her birthday at "Vista Guayabitos" Restaurant, overlooking the ocean with Mom and Aunt Joanne and friend Susan and Susan's family. I enjoyed chiles rellenos (con camarones) and of course they love birthdays in Mexico so they had to bring out a slice of birthday cake and a birthday hat while playing birthday songs in spanish for me.
Also, I was really happy to be reunited with "my kitties" (my parents two cats) and enjoyed playing with them and letting them sleep in bed with me, despite my allergy to cats!
We went out by boat to "bird poop island" for an afternoon of beach time. We also went to Thursday Tianguis and did some shopping for bootleg DVDs and other Mexican souvenirs. I even was able to join 2 spanish classes with my mom and her instructor, Chuy. On Friday I went to the beach at Guayabitos for the afternoon, and headed over to Tequila Willy's to visit with Juana, the gal who used to clean for Mom last year.

On Saturday I spent some time up on the roof of the house, which overlooks the city and panoramic views of the ocean and Jaltemba Bay to the west and mountains to the east. Then we headed over to Jeanie and Dennis' house in the Mexican neighborhood "La Colonia" for a fish fry dinner of dorado and jack fish. My last day we ate a late breakfast and I headed back to Puerto Vallarta on the Pacifico bus and caught my Frontier flight to Denver.
Fue un buen viaje, pero no mucho tiempo.... Necesito mas tiempo.....
Mexican art at Tianguis
Kitties Sharmaine (left) and Sheila (right), always together!
No comments:
Post a Comment