and I went to get purified water and then went to look at a spot in La Penita where I may try fishing from a volcanic rock outcrop. I think I'll have enough room to fly cast but there's only one way to find out... On the way back went to see a Gringo fellow named Hank who is building a house in Gringo Gulch. We watched them building the forms for the arches in the concrete structure out of bricks, it was pretty interesting. The skilled guys work hard in the sun and make 300 pesos (less then $30) per day and the non-skilled workers make 150 peso per day. We stopped and asked around about surfboards for sale but only found short carving-style boards. Unfortunately, my skill level (novice) requires a long board. We'll try in Sayulita (a more prominent surf town) when we go there tomorrow. After our adventures around La Penita we went back to our casa where I read and took a siesta. After siesta Emily and I went to the b
each around 4:00pm, when it finally started to cool off. I body surfed, but Emily couldn't because her swimsuit would fall off since the waves were really rough. The water temperature was super warm, probably in the mid-80sF (like bathwater), so not too cooling and refreshing, but better than over 90F and humid! We drank 1 liter of horchata (sweetened cinnamon flavored rice milk) while at the beach. We had intended to save some for Victor and Linda but it was sooo good... For dinner (cena) we
met the gringo, Hank, and his wife Carol, with Emily and her parents at La Avenida Restaurante in La Penita. I ate 5 puerco taquitos and 1 enchilada de pollo and a limonada. Immediately after cena I went to the farmacia and bought TUMS as a pre-emptive measure against hearburn. After cena we came back to the casa and I laid in the hammock reading and eating leftover cake from Linda's birthday (see previous post). We didn't take any pics today so we recycled a few from past days. Me laying in the hammock reading, this golden lab I sawer in the roof of a bodega in La Penita and some pelicans on the playa Rincon de Guayabitos.-LUKE

1 comment:
That's awesome! Well, you missed out on the first weekend of skijoring. We were the first ones on the trails by my house this year.
We dig the cute little turtles, too. Plus that dog & bodega picture is great!
--Bob
Post a Comment