Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Puerto Angel

We took the bus from Oaxaca to Puerto Angel through the mountains on a really hairy road for 6 hours. It was so curvy that several people got carsick and were throwing up. Emily took her seasickness patch because she heard it was going to bad and luckily she had no problems. We sure were glad to get off that bus, and very glad to be on the beach again because the cities are so crowded and noisy. Time for peace!

We arrived in Pochutla and took a cab to Puerto Angel, found the Hotel Cordelia and got a room overlooking the ocean for $32 per night. We will stay here until Sunday. The views are great and we have our own terrace (see photo on right - the view from our room), the only strange thing is that in the hotel restaurant they have about 5 talking parrots and some toucans, luckily the quieted down at night! The town of Puerto Angel is small and not very busy. Today we hung out at the beach and did a little snorkeling. Tomorrow we will check out some of the neighboring beaches. Later this week we will take a snorkeling tour to some of the nearby reefs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, time to slow down now. How nice to relax for a week in such a beautiful place. Your trip has such variety.
Ma Youcha

... said...

That looks like a pretty awesome spot! Bummer about the frost, too. We're back above zero as you've probably seen. Good enough for a while.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. It's been very cold here, and I'm not liking it much, infact, I'm wondering why we live in MN anyways. The pictures make me want to hop on the first tropical-bound flight I can find. But I love reading your blogs, it's a nice break from reality here. Love you!

cudd said...

hey you guys it sounds pretty nice down there. I bet your ready to come back for the below zero temps,its been great.
boles hope your getting in some fishing .we will have to figure where we want to go when you get out here. take care cudd