Honestly, I haven't been too busy here lately. I have been trying to get out of bed at a decent hour in order to exercise in the morning before it gets too hot. I can now go to the beach because most of the tourists have cleared out and my Dad bought two new boogie boards since we broke the one that Luke and I bought, so I'll try to get out soon.
Yesterday we went into La Penita so my parents could show me the house they will be renting for a year, beginning in May. It is gorgeous. It sits up on the hill above La Penita overlooking Jaltemba Bay (see photo). It is done in the Mexican style with Mexican tiles and mosaic throughout. It has decks on 3 sides, a beautiful garden full of bougainvillea, and gets a very nice breeze.
One odd thing happening lately is that we have some sort of critter coming into or out of the house because on 2 separate incidences this week we have noticed a tiny hole in the screen on the back door, about an inch and a half in diameter, about mouse size. It is almost as if a mouse was trapped inside and had to charge through the screen to get out (see photo at bottom - 1st hole is taped up, 2nd hole is on the left). So last night we decided to set a glue trap, where the critter tries to eat a piece of cheese but gets caught in the glue and sticks to it. When we got up this morning to check the trap, there was a little gecko in the trap! :( That was unfortunate! But the little gecko is highly unlikely to be the suspect who is breaking and entering through the screen door.Tomorrow we will be setting up Mom's photography booth at the Tianguis (weekly market) in La Penita, so I will have more to report on soon! Otherwise life is slow, warm, and relaxing here!

No comments:
Post a Comment