Thursday, March 15, 2007

Emily returns to Rincon de Guayabitos

I made it to Rincon de Guayabitos alone without any trouble. It was the first time Luke and I have been apart since the end of October, we had been with each other continuously 24 hours a day for 4 months straight! I flew into the Mexico City airport, which was kind of crazy because there have to be at least 10 flights arriving and departing every 5 minutes. The airport is huge and you to wait in a central area until they post your flights gate on the TV monitors about a half hour before the flight is supposed to leave. Well, finally my flight was posted and it turned about to be gate 33 (there are 36 gates in the terminal I was in) and so I had to walk really fast to get to the end of the airport. I made it with about 10 minutes to spare and caught the flight to Puerto Vallarta. Then I walked across the street to catch a taxi (taxi service within the airport is way to expensive) to the bus station and caught the Pacifico bus to Rincon de Guayabitos. Boy is my backpack heavy! It seems heavier than when we started for some reason, even though we sent some stuff back with Luke's parents. Now that I have some free time and space, I'll try to do some gift shopping while I am still here.

Today I went to Spanish class with my mom. I'll do that three times a week for this week and next week, until classes end at the end of March. The spanish classes end right before Semana Santa, when EVERYONE in Mexico takes off and heads to the beach, and the classes don't pick up again until November because most of the gringos leave for the hot and rainy summer months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are nice bunches of what-evers. Love the colorations and the shot.
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Avacados!