Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sayulita Trip

Luke and I took a short trip to Sayulita to look for a used surfboard. No luck. New ones were for sale at 6500 pesos..... ($600 or so), which isn't really in our budget. We might have to settle for a boogie board and just rent surfboards. Luke rented a board though and caught a few good waves. I didn't do it yet, but next time I will probably take a lesson first and learn the moves and surfer etiquette so I don't tick anyone off! That was our second time in Sayulita, we were there last march 2006. It seems the prices get higher and higher in Mexico, not sure how the Mexicans can afford it in the beach towns.

Luke has had 2 injuries so far on the trip (not counting sun and heartburns). First was swimmers ear from body surfing, so we went to the farmacia and got drops, then he got cut and a puncture wound on foot while surfing (probably from a rock or urchin). I got a sunburn, which was bound to happen at some point, and it happened while i was sitting in the shade for a few hours on the beach. Luke and I went thru a half bottle of Aveeno Baby SPF45 zinc oxide sunblock in one week already, luckily I have 3 other bottles. If you are coming to visit us, I will order some sunscreen for you to bring. Today Dad picked us up in Sayulita and we went to Puerto Vallarta for a shopping trip. We got some snorkeling fins, hydrogen peroxide and band-aids for injuries, speakers for my parents computer to watch DVDs, swimming googles/nose plugs so I can swim laps in the ocean. We went to walmart and Sams Club too, they didn't have anything there it was a total ripoff (for Mexico)...........

We just had trick or treaters! It was the cleaning lady's kids, Chewy and siblings, not dressed up though!

.................Tomorrow is dia de los muertos for children, where they celebrate kids who have died. Then on Nov. 2 it is a celebration for dead adults. We are going to San Blas, 1.5 hours north of here and then to Mexcaltitan a tiny canal city on an island. We will be gone Thurs-Sun but might be checking email on occasion, where available. Hasta!

4 comments:

... said...

That's awesome. Pretty funny about Walmart and all. We're getting more freezing rain today. Oh well... maybe it'll change and we can take the dogs out again.

Luke's injuries crack me up by the way.

Thanks for the utubes they've been pretty funny.

Emily & Luke said...

Bob - We have a really funny blog for you. We'll send it via email.

Emily & Luke said...

I meant funny Utube video.

... said...

Yeah that dog fireworks one was pretty funny :) I got it this morning from you. Talk about nutty! For those playing along at home it's this one:
Fireworks